Creating a basic map
Steps to create a map in Zed Axis
After browsing too and opening the file to import the next step is to select a mapping. The mapping process is how Axis determines where the columns in the import file should be imported into QuickBooks. If this is the first time you will need to create a new map. To create a map follow these steps:
- Click on the select a mapping list and then the option to Add New Mapping.
- The mapping screen will open, this is where you will select the columns that correspond to the fields in QuickBooks where you would like this data to be imported into.
- On the Transaction type list select the transaction or list type you want to import, for example Invoice.
- On the right hand side of the screen you have a drop down list (Import data column) adjacent to each QuickBooks field that allows you to select which column you want to import. You do not have to map all fields but there are mandatory fields that must be mapped in order to import into QuickBooks, Axis will verify that you have those mapped before you complete the mapping.
- Once you have completed your mapping you can save them so that subsequent imports you just need to select the mapping from the list.