How to import IIF files into QuickBooks
Import transactions into QuickBooks desktop from IIF
You can import transactions and lists into QuickBooks using IIF formatted files. The IIF file format (Intuit Interchange Format) is the oldest established file format for importing transaction and list data into QuickBooks and is supported in most versions of QuickBooks desktop software.
Import transactions from an IIF file
Follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks desktop company file and login as the Administrator or Admin level user
- Select the File > Utilities > Import > IIF File menu in QuickBooks, QuickBooks will close all open windows at this point
- In QuickBooks 2019 you can choose to import the IIF file with or without the QuickBooks review, with review QuickBooks will validate the IIF file to determine any potential errors and try to resolve those prior to import, without review will directly import file and report if any errors occurred during the import process.
- Select the option Import it for me. I'll fix it later.
- Browse to and select the IIF containing the transactions and click OK
- Finally once the import is complete you will see a summary of the number of list and transaction items import, click Done to finish the process