How to import invoices into QuickBooks Online
You can import invoices into QuickBooks Online from Excel using Zed Axis. Follow these steps to understand the process
Import invoices into QuickBooks Online using Zed Axis
Follow these steps:
- Open Zed Axis on your desktop.
- Click the Connection tab and select the option for QuickBooks Online and then click the connect button, and follow the steps to make a connection to your company file.
- Select the
importtab and then click Browse to open the file that contains the invoices that you want to import into QuickBooks Online. Axis imports data from Excel, Text and IIF file formats. Once the file is opened it will be displayed in the grid below.
- Next select the option to Create a new mapping, and select the Invoice option for transaction type as , then go through the process of mapping the fields in the import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks Online.
- When the mapping is complete, give the mapping a name and save it for the next time. You will see only the columns you are going to import into QuickBooks Online
- Click the import button and Axis will validate the data to make sure it is in the correct format then in the list validation stage it will check for unmatched records and any missing Customer Names or Items will be created on the fly. Then on the third process it will import the invoices directly into QuickBooks and it will display a Imported status when successfully imported you can then view the imported invoice by clicking the View button.
- To complete the import process just close the import summary screen or you also have the option to Undo if you want to reverse the import and it will delete the invoices you just imported.