How to import transactions into QuickBooks 2021 Desktop from Excel
You can import transactions into QuickBooks 2021 from Excel. Follow these steps to understand the process involved and better understand the advantages and limitations.
Import transactions using the QuickBooks 2021 Accountant Batch Entry feature
Follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks 2021 Accountant company file
- Select the menu Accountant > Batch Enter Transactions... you will see the grid entry screen
- Choose from the Transaction Type selection the type of transaction you want to import, you have the option to import Checks, Deposits, Credit Card Charges and Credits, Bills and Bill Credits, and Invoices and Credit Memos.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet that contains the transactions you wish to batch enter into QuickBooks and select the rows, right mouse click and select Copy. Note the columns in the Excel spreadsheet need to match the order shown in the QuickBooks register
- In the Batch Entry register click into the first cell and using the right click menu select Paste
- Once the data is entered QuickBooks will validate for unmatched recoreds will be highlighted in red, you can then select QuickAdd or Set Up and they will be added
- If required you can choose to split lines, highlight the row and click the Split button and enter the Split details.
- When all the batch data has been entered click Save Transactions button, and the transactions will be imported in batch into QuickBooks desktop and a summary will be displayed.
Advantages vs Disadvantages
A demo of QuicKBooks 2021 Batch Enter
Crushing a data entry crisis with Zed Axis
Import transactions using a third party utility
It is also possible to import transactions into QuickBooks desktop using third party application. There application make use of a freely available QuickBooks software deveopers kit (SDK). Zed Axis is an popular data import utility that has address the limitation of the Batch Entry feature and has distinct advantages when it come importing transactions into QuickBooks from Excel