How to import transactions into Xero from Excel
You can import transactions into Xero from Excel, Text or IIF files. Follow these steps to understand the process involved and better understand the advantages and limitations.
Import transactions into Xero using Zed Axis
Follow these steps:
- Open Zed Axis on your local desktop
- Click on the Connection tab and select Xero as the connection type and click the Connect button. When prompted login to Xero and paste the tokens into Zed Axis.
- Click on the Import tab and browse to the Excel, Text or IIF file that contains the transactions or lists you want to import into Xero.
- Select the option to Add New Mapping, and then select the transaction type you want to import, the options include Invoice - Customer, Invoice - Supplier, Bank - Spend, Bank - Receive, Journals, Contacts or Items. Then map the columns in your import file to the fields in Xero and click to save the mapping for subsequent imports.
- Finally click the Import button and Axis will validate the data and upload that directly into Xero and you will summary of the transactions imported into Xero, if you do get an error that will be displayed on the Import Summary screen so you can correct the error and reattempt the import.